With the current climate leaving the whole of the UK in uncertainty, we can't help but feel Mother's Day will take a backseat this year. Which is a shame, as mamas always deserve to be celebrated!
If you're a mum who will be missing this year's Mother's Day outing, or a daughter who feels she can't spoil her mum the way she wants to on Sunday, don't worry - we got you!
Here are our top 6 ways to spoil any mama...from the comfort of your home!
1. Gift a cute loungewear set. Brunch may be out :( but looking cute while indoors is one way to keep your mama feeling good! At Curvaceous Fashion, we have a best selling range of cosy, comfortable loungewear for curvy queens everywhere. Check out our BLACK RUFFLE TRACKSUIT for cosy and chic vibes all around the house.
2. Breakfast in bed - treat your mum like the queen she is by preparing breakfast in bed for her this Sunday.
3. Plan an at-home brunch. With most of the UK following guidelines for social distancing, your Mother's Day celebrations may be less attended this year, but that doesn't mean you can't prep an amazing brunch for your household! Get out your best tablecloth, make the table look as pretty as possible and cook up some of mama's favourite dishes.
4. Gift your mama or a mama you admire (this could be your bestie or even an auntie!) with the rare present of a good conversation. Sounds simple, but you have no idea how much the women in our lives are craving a deep, meaningful conversation with someone they love. Simply putting down your phone and paying attention is a huge gift in itself these days!
5. Offer to give the house a spring clean and tidy up. You clean up while mama puts her feet up! Don't let her lift a finger on Sunday, treat her like royalty and let her enjoy being pampered in her own home.
6. Not able to see your mum this year because of social distancing? Treat her to an hours Facetime or Skype session, uninterrupted and remind her how special she is.
Mother's Day is a day to celebrate all the amazing and selfless things the mothers in our lives do for us and the people around us. In these difficult times, showing gratitude is key and will help us feel more united than ever. Our hearts go out to all of our Curvaceous Queens and anyone missing their mum on Mother's Day.
- Shauna, Founder & CEO